While trying to install an ARK: Survival Evolved dedicated server on Centos 7, I ran into a problem with the installer looping on this line:
centos 7 ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file “public/steambootstrapper_english.txt”.
If you run into this issue, try this. It worked for me:
- log in as your game server account and cd to your installation directory. Then –
- cd ~/steamcmd
- rm -r ./linux32/
- mv ./package/tmp/* ~/steamcmd/
- ./steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +quit
- cd back to your installation directory
- execute the install / upgrade again.